Later Life should be happy and fulfilling. We see huge aspiration among older people to:
- live independently as part of their community
- continue doing the things they enjoy
- have choice and control over their lives
They are increasingly looking for:
- services that enable them to live well wherever they choose
- a choice of quality housing in safe and supported environments
- reassurance that as their needs change, they will get help to maintain a good quality of life
Housing 21 is a leading organisation working accross England to enable this through excellent housing, care and health services. As the UK's largest non-profit care provider and as a national leader in innovative and affordable housing, we are making a difference on a large scale. Our established links with communities mean we also respond on a local level by developing new services that meet the needs of older people.
Some of the exciting things we are doing include:
- Building over 1000 new homes in 2010 - 2011 with options to buy and rent
- delivering 5.3 million hours of home care to people each year
- working at the cutting edge of dementia and preventative health services to challenge conventional thinking
We're all living and working in challenging times. To achieve our vision of a life of choice for older people, we need to work in partnership with our customers, commissioners and other organisations that share our values.
We believe later life can be happy and fulfilling. I hope that you will join us as we make this a reality for more people.