Blackpool4Me is a portal or gateway for community members to have a web presence by using what we call channels. Each website is created and maintained by a club, group, organisation or service and it means that the people of Blackpool can get useful information and communicate in new ways. Your message can reach the widest audience really quickly.
How a Community builds their website
The layout of Blackpool4Me stays the same throughout, so that you soon get used to finding your way around. But what you see depends on whether you are viewing it as a guest or as a registered user (after logging in with your username and password)
Registered Users can access more
Even more options are available to you if you are involved and can create pages and material and manage a channel. Everyone looking at www.blackpool4me.com gets to the Blackpool4Me homepage first. Like all the pages, this is divided into three sections and with a bar at the top of the page and another at the bottom. Have a look below!
Not seeing Blackpool4Me as it should be?
The central section displays a message welcoming you to Blackpool4Me and whatever the Blackpool4Me team have to say too.
The left hand section displays the most recent pages from the channels inside. This section is divided into three parts: 'Latest Pages', 'What’s On' and 'News'. Visitors to Blackpool4Me can regularly check out these listings to see what’s new from every channel.
- Latest Pages - displays the latest pages from the channels within Blackpool4me as soon as they are published. Clicking on "more Latest Pages..." will take you to a longer list.
- What's On - displays events that any channel wishes to advertise. Click on the name of the page to view it. There is "more What's On" too.
- News - displays the latest news arising from the channels within Blackpool4me. There's "more News" as well.
Right hand section
displays the contents of the channel you are in (not just the latest pages).
Every page in Blackpool4Me has useful links in the bars at the top and bottom of every page:
Top bar links
- Home - takes you back to the Blackpool4Me home page
- Contact B4Me - tells you how to contact the Blackpool4Me team
- Search B4Me - gives you three ways to find the information you want
- Help - takes you to help pages
- Accessibility - gives you information about how all members of the community can access Blackpool4Me
- Browse B4Me - is the channel directory, it takes you to a list of subject categories included in Blackpool4MeMy Forums - shows you the discussion forums to which you have access, depending on whether you are a guest or a registered user
- Log In - where registered users can enter their username and password to reach their own personalised version of Blackpool4Me
- Register - takes you to the page where you can register for Blackpool4Me and gain access to additional feature
Bottom bar links
- Terms and Conditions - which apply to your use of Blackpool4Me
- Want a Channel? - describes what is involved in managing your own channel in Blackpool4Me, including a form to apply for one.